Since FCA implemented a Secure Gateway Module(SGW) to protect vehicle networks, shops can register AutoAuth with Autel Diagnostic Tool to unlock SWG module on 2017+ Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Fiat vehicles. So that to do diagnostics like clear codes, bi-directional functions, active tests, actuation & relearns, immo key programming, ADAS calibration, etc.
Autel tablet users will be able to gain access to the SGW module and perform previously restricted actions, by registering with AutoAuth, an authentication service. Shops can register through AutoAuth’s Internet-based registration portal for $50 a year. Up to six users can register under this initial fee, with additional users able to register for an additional nominal fee. The next step is for the shop to register its Autel tablets, up to 100 tools, on the site. Starting June 1, 2020, Autel will “push” the software to all North American market tablets with active software subscriptions. Users with tablets out of subscription can purchase a Total Care Program software and warranty renewal through their authorized Autel dealer.
The secure gateway access is only available in USA, Canada, Mexico area. Autel has made this process very simple to access with 3 steps:
- Register your shop & techs via Autel tablet or computer;
- Register your Autel tablets on AutoAuth;
- Ensure you Autel tablet has the latest software(valid software subscription is required).
* Update your subscription Autel TCP here today.
How to activate & access your AutoAuth account?
- Authorized OEM access account registration.
- Visit https://webapp.autoauth.com, click “Register Now”, complete “User Sign-up” Verify accounts via email and agreeing to the terms, then logged in.
- Enter payment and shop info: annual $50 fee allows up to 6 users, a $2 fee is incurred for each additional user.
- Confirm compatible diagnostic platform;
- Manage your tool through “Shop Tools”or “Add Tools”.
- Add a tool by selecting the manufacturer.
- Select tool model(SN is on the backside barcode of Autel tool , it must be entered correctly or SGW access will not work).
- Enter model SN.
Note: Make sure the Internet connection is well. You have a valid software subscription and installed the latest Chrysler software.
- Immediate authorized secure gateway access.
- Manage your user through “Manage Users”or “Add Users”.
- Your account will have a “Owner”which is the Admin and can add 5 additional users and up to 100 tools per location to the account at no additional charge.
- Once you log into AutoAuth on your MaxiSys, your approved credentials will be auto stored in MaxiSys software.
How to use a Autel scan tool to access FCA vehicles?
This is using Autel MaxiIM IM608 to work on a 2019 Jeep Wrangler as demonstration.
Use Autel MaxiIM IM508 or Autel MaxiSys MS906BT is exactly same way to access 2017+ Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Fiat vehicles.
Diagnostics >> Auto detect >> JEEP(USA) >> Accept >> OK >> Yes >> Yes
It stats processing, just wait…
Enter your AutoAuth username & password to login. (if do not have, click “New user registration” to follow the activation steps above.)
Security gateway module is open, now you can start to do all diagnosis and special functions.
BTW:More easier way to access Chrysler / Fiat Vehicles Using Secure Gateway Module:
It may help:
SGW Solution: Autel 12+8 Adapter for 2018+ Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep
More questions welcome to contact us.