Check engine warning light caused by P0356 error:
There is a check engine light coming on the Toyota Sienna 2004 CE, so I wanna use the Autel AutoLink AL519 scan tool to find out why it caused.
Plug the connector into the OBD2 port,
Press “OBDII/EOBD” to link the vehicle with the device.
Autel AL519 will automatically store data from the diagnosis last time.
Press “Yes” to erase.
Read codes >> Stored codes
AL519 tells there was a “fault code P0356: Ignition coil F, primary/secondary circuit.”
So that is why caused a check engine light.
Having known the reason, go back to clear codes.
Erase codes >> Yes >> Yes
Solution (what I did for reference)
- Remove either the battery terminal positive or negative;
- Remove the spark plug 6, you can Google where it is;
- Check the connection of coil, make sure it was not cut;
- Using brake cleaner to clean spark plug, because dirty smoke won’t make it work well;
- Put everything back to the original position.
Turn the ignition on, the check engine light has gone!
The problem was solved!
Thanks to Autel AL519, I finally found out & solve fault code P0356 for Toyota Sienna, the annoying warning light no more came back again.