This article describes the updated operation for both the MK808BT tablet and the MaxiVCI Mini. The software and firmware updates of the tablet can be completed on the tablet via Internet, while the updates for MaxiVCI Mini can be completed either via the connection with the tablet or via the connection with a PC.
Important: Autel MK808BT only has 1 Year of Free Software Update,after one year, you need to buy to Autel Tool Care Program (One Year Update Service) for MK808BT
MK808BT Tablet Update
The Update application on the tablet downloads the latest released
software. The updates improve the MaxiCOM applications’ capabilities, typically by adding new tests, new model coverage, or by adding enhanced applications.
MK808BT Software Update
The tablet automatically searches for available updates for all of the
MaxiCOM software when it is connected to the Internet. Any updates that are found can be downloaded and installed on the device. A notification message displays if an update is available when the Notifications Center function is enabled in the Settings application
1. Navigation and Controls
- Home Button – returns to the MaxiCOM Job Menu.
- Update All – updates all available updates.
- Diagnostics Tab – displays all available vehicle diagnostic software.
- Search Bar – search specific update item by inputting the file name, for example: enter a vehicle manufacturer.
2. Status Bar
- Left Side – displays the MaxiCOM device model information and serial number.
- Right Side – displays an update progress bar indicating the completion status.
3. Main Section
- Left Column – displays vehicle buttons and update software version information; tap the About button to display a function list with additional software update details.
- Middle Column – displays a brief introduction about the new changes to the software operation or capabilities. Tap button to open an information screen to view more details, and 90 tap the dim area around to close the window.
- Right Column – according to the operation status of each software item, the button displays differently.
b) Tap Pause to suspend the updating procedure.
c) Tap Continue to go on updating the suspended update
MK808BT Firmware Update
No separate update button exists to update the tablet’s firmware. The
firmware update package will be downloaded together with the software package. An update firmware message will display
MaxiVCI Mini Update
Update via Display Tablet
Before updating the VCI software, ensure the tablet’s connection to the Internet is stable.
To update the MaxiVCI Mini software
- 1. Power on the tablet.
- 2. Using a USB cable, connect the MaxiVCI Mini to the tablet.
- 3. Tap the VCI Manager application on the MaxiCOM Job Menu of the tablet.
- 4. Select Update from the connection mode list.
- 5. The current version and the latest version of the VCI software will be displayed after a few seconds. Click Update Now to update the VCI software if available.
Update via PC
- 1. Down the Maxi PC Suite from www.autel.com > Support & Updates > Firmware Downloads > Update Client, and install it onto your windows- PC.
- 2. Using a USB cable, connect the MaxiVCI Mini to a PC.
- 3. Launch the PC Suite on the PC which is installed after the installation of Maxi PC Suite and click MaxiVCI Mini icon in the Device Selection window.
- 4. The PC will automatically recognize the MaxiVCI Mini. 5. Click Update to complete the update if an update is available.
Autel VCI FIRMWARE update step-by-step guide here: